Saturday, May 8, 2010

Book of Choice - sorry but its...Microsoft Press

People always ask me what books I recommend for SQL, AD, SharePoint, etc.  It always seems to be a disappointment to them when I say the Microsoft Press books are by far my favorite.  I don't deny that I am partial, I used to sit on their review/editing board for the MOC training classes and the MS Press publishing.  I liked their process for how they decided what content they left in did away with, by polling experts from different lines of business.

This newest set, the blue books, I find are very logical and easy to follow. I think I have everyone they've published so far!  I especially like the Administrator's Pocket Consultant series; SQL 2005, Exchange 2007, IIS 6.0.

But it is easier for me to say what books I have bought and read that were not worth the money or time spent; Syngress "How to cheat at Managing Microsoft Operations Manager 2005", horrible, they somehow just took the Installation ReadMe Text file that comes with MOM and reworded it to fill up 467 pages!  Don't waste your money!

Published: 1/5/2008 8:19 PM

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the piece.
    I'd like to know your opinion about data backup in the cloud-based systems. I used to read virtual data room comparison in order to get more information in this field.

    ReplyDelete