Saturday, May 8, 2010

Embed a video in a SharePoint Blog Post

So we all know we can embed Widgets, Gadgets, Videos, and other content by adding our HTML code into a Content Editor Web Part’s Source Code button on any SharePoint web page.

Well today I needed to embed a YouTube video for someone into a SharePoint Blog Post.

I usually use Microsoft Windows Live Writer to write all of my posts, so this isn’t an issue.  However this user did not use WLW.

So in researching why you can’t copy the same HTML code in a blog post like you can a CEWP, I found this published work around.  I will not take the time to explain how to implement it or how it works as the links below go into that detail.  But I implemented it quickly to all Site Collections with no problems so far.

Thanks to the people that wrote this work around!

http://erte.codeplex.com/

http://boris.gomiunik.net/erte/

Technorati Tags: embed video in SharePoint blog post

del.icio.us Tags: embed video in SharePoint blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment