Saturday, May 8, 2010

Failure decompressing data from a cabinet file error

Recently I got the following error when trying to save a site as a template with Content.  This site's size was well under the supported 25-50MB.  So I really should not have gotten the error.  However, this site did have much custom work and third party content types, etc.  So I think we sometimes get this error for other reasons than the KB article says.

Error:  Failure decompressing data from a cabinet file.

Resolution: none really, you can try increasing your template size by running on the front end servers:  Stsadm.exe -o setproperty -pn max-template-document-size -pv 524288000   However, in my case it didn't fix my error.  I ended up having to backup the site using SPD and restore it to a new location and work on my Lists from there.

Microsoft KB Article:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960969

Published: 6/1/2009 11:05 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment