Saturday, May 8, 2010

Site Owner can not Create a Page (Publishing Page)

This occurs more on architectures where the majority of sites are NOT a Site Collection but merely a Site under a Site Collection. While the Site Owners group has Full Control of their site they still are not able to Create a Page from the publishing pages library in their site.

This is because they must also have Read access to the Master Page Gallery at the Site Collection level.

Site Actions - Site Settings - Modify All Site Settings - Master Pages and Page Layouts - Settings - Permissions - New - add all users with Read only permissions.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! Thank you! This was driving me insane and now my owners can do things that they couldn't before! I love SharePoint too, but some things about it drive me nuts. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! This post is a lifesaver, it was driving me crazy too! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same issue in my organisation, and I'm happy to say that this advice helped resolve it! Many thanks to Linda for posting this, from me and our web admin manager!

    ReplyDelete